Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Les Harmoniques

I have been blogging mostly personal photography lately, but I thought I would share with you a concert I photographed recently.  Les Harmoniques de Sainte-Croix is a vocal group, directed by Pierrette Vigneault. 

When they contacted me to photograph their concert, I was thrilled.  I browsed through their website and did some research, but I was truly blown away by all the talent.  From dance, to music, to vocals... did I say I was blown away ? Let me say it again, I was blown away.

The show was brilliantly thought out, with modern pieces as well as some classics... Cats, Lady Gaga, Glee, La mélodie du bonheur... all the while combining choreographed dance moves.  Les Harmoniques practice on a regular basis and are always looking for new talent to join their group.  Please visit their website for more information : Les Harmoniques

Now, some of my favorite shots from the concert...


Les Harmoniques


Les Harmoniques

Les Harmoniques
  Les Harmoniques 
Les Harmoniques

Les Harmoniques

Les Harmoniques 

The lighting was amazing during the show.  Hats of to Teksho Inc. who brought the big stage feeling to this intimate venue.

The fourth image, was a solo that was so powerful : Hallelujah solo by Marie-Josée Delisle.  It is one of my all time favorite songs and I love the clenched fist in this particular image.The fifth image goes to show you that throughout the whole evening, they all stayed in character and I thought that was brilliant. And well this last two images are classic Julie Marie details shots :) 

Earlier this week, we had a viewing of the images from the concert and I loved to see the reaction of the group while they viewed them.  As a photographer and artist, you can not put a price on a reaction, a smile, a laugh while showing your work. I'm looking forward to next year already !!

Oh, and tickets sell out pretty fast but I will remind you next year when they go on sale. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing Julie...truly amazing details... I feel like I was there!
D