Thursday, September 13, 2012

Special meanings

Where have I been ?  Here.. there, but not everywhere.

I had a great diner with a client the other day and it sorta put my absence on the blog in perspective.  He said that I was first and foremost an artist. That really touched me.

.... and....that got me thinking.  As much as I love the final result, I also love the artistic process each new photography project takes me on.   The end result, the final cuts (the ones you get to see here on the blog) are the ones that mean the most to me!  And for that reason I find it hard to part with them and let everyone else see them.  Each image has a special meaning, it may be the rich tones, the look in the eye, or just my overall feeling I had when I took the image.   

That said,  let me share with you a recent wedding we did at a historic site in Saint-Jacques de Leeds.

 


This last image was taken by Jeff, I was outside already to get the shots as they were exiting the church and Jeff was able to take this wonderful image of them from behind.  I really can't stress enough the importance of two photographers.

A and F,  we wish you the best with your new life in Europe.  We loved being part of your day and now, every time I drive pass the site.. I'll think of you both.

Julie M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always...beautiful..I have missed your photos and artistic talents...
D